Fall 2019: Capitol Square - Government/Political Affairs Intern
Aug 12, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Students will working with two firms. Internships available September-November, January – April, and May-July.
David Bailey Associates, Inc., is a full-service government affairs, and lobbying firm located immediately adjacent to the state Capitol in Richmond. For more than 30 years, we have developed and maintained effective working relationships with legislators and executive branch elected and appointed officials on all sides of the political spectrum.
We will involve our interns in every aspect of the work of our government relations firm. Our interns will assist our professional team with the following:
- Monitoring legislative meetings
- Interacting with government officials
- Meeting our clients
Virginia Capitol Connections, Inc., is a public relations & communications firm that publishes a quarterly political affairs and public policy magazine, Virginia Capitol Connections, which features articles on important public policy and political issues written by leading legislators, executive branch officials, political scientists, lobbyists, and other noteworthy persons.
We will involve our interns in every aspect of the work of our firm. Our interns will assist our professional team with the following:
- Weekly TV show This Week in Richmond
- Proofreading our publications Virginia Capitol Connections “The Red Book” and Virginia Capitol Connections Quarterly Magazine.
- Writing articles for our quarterly magazine Virginia Capitol Connections
- Selling advertisements
- Helping with all of our publications
- Creating and managing social media platforms
Contact us ASAP for an interview for fall 2019 and winter 2020 internships.
Call 804-643-5554 or email email@example.com