Fall 2019: Big Brothers Big Sisters of America - Marketing & Communications Intern
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
About BBBS: For more than 100 years Big Brothers Big Sisters of America has been the country's preeminent national youth mentoring organization. Our service is based on a one-to-one professionally supported, mentoring relationship between an adult volunteer “Big” and a child “Little”. We are entirely volunteer-driven and donor-supported. As one of the 270+ affiliates around the country helping children achieve their full potential, we serve four of Virginia’s regions; Greater Richmond, Tri-Cities, Hampton Roads, and Greater Virginia Peninsula.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Big Brothers Big Sisters Services Inc seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
- Curate content for and update social media accounts; videos, photos, sponsor highlights etc
- Track statistics and insights across social media platforms
- Develop social media calendar and identify related content to share
- Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meetings
- Update the BBBS website as needed; Opportunity to work with industry professionals to update the website via Catchafire platform
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors to share BBBS’s mission and develop stronger partnership/relationships
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Segment and update Constant Contact email lists through work on the annual giving campaign
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with website maintenance and social media platforms
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters and the youth we serve
Start Date: Flexible, Mid to Late August preferred Hours: 7.5 to 10 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Diane Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.