Fall 2019: Alliance Group - Public Affairs Intern
Aug 19, 2019
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Alliance Group seeks internship candidates who display an initiative to learn and grow professionally, can handle a variety of daily work engagements, and can jump in quickly with both feet. We provide an opportunity to gain real world experience partnering with our experienced staff on multiple projects. We do not expect interns to make copies and coffee. We expect our interns to contribute on the same work that our full time staff does in several of our focus areas: Public Relations, Grassroots, Government Relations, Association Management, and Social Media.
What will you be working on?
Our interns will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects for our client base, including:
- Developing, writing, and distributing press releases and other media documents
- Social media monitoring and engagement
- Writing, editing and proofing e-newsletters and social media posts
- Participating in the creation of issue campaigns
- Participating in development of client events
- Taking part in internal meetings and external client meetings
- Assisting in day-to-day operations
Who we are looking for?
Successful candidates shall have strong communications skills, both verbal and written. We are looking for candidates that have passion and interest in public affairs. A candidate should possess the traits below:
- Must be a Junior or Senior
- Excellent writing, communication and research skills
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to work on and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be self-motivated, and able to work as part of a team
- Meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Graphic design skills and social media savvy a plus
We expect you to work a minimum of 10-15 hours a week during an internship from mid-August to early December in the Fall and mid-January to early May in the spring. Summer intern hours vary, but are significantly longer.
This internship opportunity is an opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field public affairs, as well as expand your professional network. We are happy to work with you and your college to determine a specific set of goals and requirements for you to receive course credit.
Please submit your resume, a brief writing sample and two references to Geoff Zindren email@example.com.