Fall 2019: AIS Network - Marketing / Sales Intern (PAID)
Aug 28, 2019
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
IT Industry Marketing/Sales Internship
Location: Richmond, VA, with remote flexibility
Experience Level: Entry-level
Compensation: $15 per hour
Position: 20 to 35 hours per week (negotiable)
We are AIS Network. Solving complex IT challenges and managing digital risk to help clients thrive in an unpredictable world has been our core business for more than 26 years.
As the trusted and reliable partner of Forbes- and Fortune-ranked global corporations, government agencies, the Commonwealth of Virginia and other large enterprises, we drive exceptional value through our deep knowledge of data protection, compliance, governance and internal auditing procedures and controls.
We are looking for a savvy and self-starting Marketing/Sales Intern to join our team, possibly leading to full-time employment as a marketing coordinator. As a Marketing/Sales Intern at AISN, you’d be part of a small and fast-moving team serving multiple commercial and state/federal government clients. You would play a big part in supporting the initiatives of the AISN marketing and sales teams.
This role requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, and an enthusiasm for our customers. This position involves collaboration in a tight-knit team, but also requires a level of comfort in working independently. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, a creative mind, and an appetite for growth.
The position is available as either remote or could be based out of our Richmond, VA, office.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify our target audience
- Be willing to learn and become fluent in IT speak
- Interact with current and potential customers professionally via phone, email and in person
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic from our social network presence
- Participate in developing brand strategy and spread brand awareness through social media, collateral, and strategic partnerships
- Design and execute promotional email or print campaigns using lists that you have built and maintained
- Assist in building PowerPoint decks to support the sales and proposal process
- Write blog posts to educate our customers on existing and/or new services
- Assist with maintaining the AISN website and potentially work on client web development projects
- Assist team members with marketing/sales tasks
Skills & Requirements
- Significant progress toward or achievement of a BA/BS degree in marketing, business, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Strong writing capabilities (writing samples will be requested)
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- An eye for design aesthetics
- Comfortable working independently but enjoys collaboration
- A working knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey
We are a Virginia SWaM-certified small business with a highly skilled team of professionals who are dispersed across the Commonwealth Virginia. Most of us have spent the majority of our career(s) working in various capacities throughout the IT industry. We are looking for people who are passionate about excellence and creativity and have an abiding interest in technology.
Our core values are customer success, results, innovation, responsibility, integrity, and teamwork. We also value work-life balance. If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch!
- Remote work (or our office in Richmond, VA)
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive internship pay
- Challenging and creative work
- Professional development
- High-impact and significant responsibility
Please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.