Fall 2018: Virginia Retirement System - Communications Specialist/Analyst
Jul 26, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS), located in historic downtown Richmond, Virginia, has a need for one or two interns to help produce creative, engaging and tech-forward communication for internal audiences during the fall semester.
Interns will contribute their work in support of agency projects and programs by writing and designing communication products in a fast-paced environment including; blast email campaigns, intranet content (blog-style postings), digital signage, video/multimedia, small publications and other professional business communication (presentations, etc.)
Interns will also participate in communication planning, creating communications schedules and editorial calendars and measuring the effectiveness of campaigns.
Interns also will help support the development of new communication technology.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of AP style writing and sound copy editing principles
- Experience with creating short videos (i.e. for social media or “explainer” videos)
- Good organizational skills to see projects through to completion
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite design or similar programs
- Some familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Capacity to learn and apply new technologies
- Small group presentation skills to present ideas or give status reports
Currently pursuing a degree in public relations, communication, marketing, journalism or other closely-related field (upperclassman or graduate student preferred).
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume with your two best creative samples (or a link to your creative samples) to email@example.com.
A writing/editing sample will be administered if selected for an interview.