Fall 2018: Virginia Press Association - Multi-Media Design & Content Intern (PAID)
Aug 20, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Virginia Press Association (VPA) is seeking a multimedia design and content intern. The intern will work directly with the VPA’s Communications Manager and Director of Member Services on multiple projects and events. This internship is ideal for budding journalists, public relations practitioners, advertising designers and/or copywriters.
We are seeking an intern with the following skillset:
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience designing and preparing engaging presentations with compelling content and visuals.
• Excellent writing ability and knowledge of AP Style preferred. Proper use of grammar and proficient in editing and formatting.
• Ability to identify unique stories and write about them in a simple and direct manner.
• Demonstrated multimedia skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to manage the process of design from concept to completion, including proofing for accuracy.
• Detail-oriented individual who reviews work carefully.
• Experience and or willingness to learn database management and data entry.
• Experience with project management.
• Team player with initiative and willingness to assist with tasks as assigned.
• Knowledge and interest in VPA’s mission.
Fall 2018 Projects:
• VPA Day: Event will include design work, printing, marketing, as well as on-site assistance with set up, registration, tear down and other duties as assigned.
• 2018 Contest entries preparation: Assignment will include design, writing and marketing work.
• Data entry and research related to VPA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
• Various other project work as assigned.
VPA is located in Glen Allen/Henrico County approximately 20 minutes from the VCU academic campus. Must have own transportation. Flexible scheduling with the possibility of working remotely on occasion. This is a paid internship and class credit is available. 10 to 15 hours per week.
Contact: William Lineberry