Fall 2018: VCU Innovation Gateway - Staff Writer / Content Management Intern (PAID)
Aug 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Description of Organization
At VCU Innovation Gateway, our mission is to enhance the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at Virginia Commonwealth University, and to grow the innovation ecosystem in the Richmond, Virginia, region. Important research at VCU includes:
- Development of vaccines to prevent Lyme disease in people and our pets
- Research breakthroughs in forensic cell imaging
- Invent prosthetic nose that helps restore smell
- Research and write news releases for distribution (See examples above)
- Manage and lead social media campaigns around targeted technologies
- Support innovation managers on writing of marketing fliers (Example here)
- Support marketing and PR campaigns in collaboration with outside firm
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little handholding
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Experience writing interview based stories
Offered on a continuing basis, all semesters, applicants are welcome to continue work past or outside of internship.
Paid, negotiable. Up to 20 hours per week.
How far from campus
On campus, remote work allowed for up to 75% of time. Will require occasional faculty interviews across campus.
Who to Contact
800 East Leigh st, Richmond
How to Contact
Please e-mail Brent Fagg with your resume and writing sample.