Fall 2018: The Valentine - Public Relations Intern (Deadline Aug. 15)
Jul 26, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
The Valentine has been collecting, preserving and interpreting Richmond’s 400-year history for over a century. Located in the heart of historic downtown, the Valentine is a place for residents and tourists to discover the diverse stories that tell the broader history of this important region.
The Valentine seeks a highly motivated public relations intern to assist with a variety of projects ranging from basic social-media maintenance to assistance with one of the Valentine’s largest events of the year. Candidates should have a basic familiarity with Richmond history and be able to commit 12-15 hours per week.
Over the duration of the semester, the internship will require working with many departments of the museum including development, collections management, exhibits, education, visitor services and communication. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend Museum events.
Duties may include the following:
- Work with the PR/Marketing director to develop creative and engaging social media content
- Draft social media content across platforms
- Draft and edit the weekly Valentine e-newsletter
- Coordinate organization’s social media activities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Write and edit blog entries
- Assist with special events, specifically the Richmond History Makers & Community Update, and other administrative tasks
Qualifications include excellent written and verbal communications skills, must know Microsoft Office; be comfortable with social media and learning new programs and have an interest in marketing, public relations and engaging with the public. Love of Richmond is a must.
Fill out the online application and upload an unofficial transcript, cover letter, resume and a short essay describing Richmond in 3 words.