Fall 2018: Special Olympics - Marketing/PR Intern
Oct 1, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Special Olympics Virginia (SOVA) is a year round sports program for persons with intellectual disabilities. In addition to assisting with our statewide competitions, the intern will work on several high profile fundraisers such as the , Summer Games, Law Enforcement Torch Run, Over the Edge, and other local events. The position is unpaid but the experience is invaluable. We are willing to work with you to make the experience fit your university needs.
Extremely flexible schedule of a minimum of 20 hours/week (More Ideal). Internships typically last a semester but can be extended. The Special Olympics Virginia office is located at 3212 Skipwith Rd, Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23294 and is approximately 20 minutes from VCU.
Duties and Projects can include:
- Marketing relations at Special Olympics competitions and events
- Assistance at fundraising activities
- Pre-event planning/event management and organization
- Assisting with sponsorship proposals and letters
- Updating social media outlets
- Sponsorship research
- Assisting with marketing tasks and developing promotional materials
- Assisting with media relationships
- Strong writing and research skills
- Interest and experience in public relations, marketing, and event planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Interest or experience with nonprofit work
Starting date: ASAP (Interns needed for all semesters)
Contact Holly Claytor, Assistant Vice President/Media, Marketing & Brand, at email@example.com (please attach your current résumé & writing sample) or by phone at (804)726-3025 if you are interested in the position!