Fall 2018: Richmond Generals USPHL Junior Hockey Team - Social Media Intern
Aug 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Richmond Generals is a Junior A Hockey Team that competes in the United States Premier Hockey League. This amateur hockey league prepares players from the ages of 16 to 20 for college and pro hockey careers. Players come from all over the world to continue to grow their games and prepare themselves for their hockey futures. The Generals are entering their seventh season of bring Junior Hockey to Richmond VA, and they play all of their home games at SkateNation Plus. The USPHL season begins on 9/15/18.
General job duties for Social Media Interns:
* Assisting in updating all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
* Assisting the PR Director with timely and relevant posts interacting with the Generals fans in a professional and fun manner
* Live tweeting game action during all home games
* Assisting in growing the Generals social media presence
Qualification applicants should possess:
* Candidates should have a passion for the sport of ice hockey
* A working knowledge of all social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to create fun and informative posts
* Ability to work on deadline
* Ability to work alone as well as a member of a team
Internship training includes
* Working closely with experienced professionals that are in the sports media industry.
* Promotional and marketing formats when creating social media posts
* Learning how to write and manage online events
This internship is offered year round. Generals games are played on mainly Saturdays and Sundays so weekend availability is needed. This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should email their resumes to Alan Sams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-869-1267 with any questions.