Fall 2018: Richmond Generals USPHL Junior Hockey Team - Broadcasting Intern
Aug 20, 2018
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships
The Richmond Generals are a Junior A Hockey Team that competes in the United States Premier Hockey League. This amateur hockey league prepares players from the ages of 16 to 20 for college and pro hockey careers. Players come from all over the world to continue to grow their games and prepare themselves for their hockey futures. The Generals are entering their seventh season of bringing Junior Hockey to Richmond VA, and they play all of their home games at SkateNation Plus. The USPHL season begins on 9/15/18.
General job duties for the Broadcasting Intern:
* Assist our current play by play broadcaster during home games with color analysis.
* Provide play by play when called on in either a fill in role or during the game as our current broadcaster requests your assistance.
* Interview and write player profiles to be featured on the Generals website and social media.
Qualification applicants should possess:
* Candidates should have a passion and working knowledge of the sport of ice hockey
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to work on deadline
* Ability to work alone as well as a member of a team
Internship training includes
* Working closely with experienced professionals that are in the sports media industry.
* On air experience with play by play and color analysis
* Learning how to write published player profiles
This internship is offered year round. Generals games are played on mainly Saturdays and Sundays so weekend availability is needed. This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should email their resumes to Alan Sams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-869-1267 with any questions.