Fall 2017: Yesterday & Tomorrow - Social Media Coordinator
Sep 6, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Yesterday & Tomorrow(www.yatband.org) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to music and musical performance education. This group takes dedicated, extremely talented high school students in the metro Richmond, Virginia area and forms them into a rock band giving them the tools and direction necessary to perform at the highest level.
The Mission – The band has a mission to support other non-profits. They use their talents to provide entertainment by playing shows at non-profit events to attract more participants. As an example, the band played at the “Souper Bowl” event at Max’s Positive Vibe Café along with other great performers like Steve Bassett. The goal for the Social Media Coordinator is to elevate the awareness of Yesterday & Tomorrow and these talented teenage performers so we can have a greater impact on our community.
SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Social Media will manage all Yesterday & Tomorrow social media accounts and will be responsible for creating original text and video content, creating a following across platforms, managing posts and responding to followers.
- Provide current knowledge of the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Manage social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and engagement.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Create Social Media campaigns and Calls-to-Action that hit target audiences
- Assist band members in creating and distributing engaging written or graphic content in the form of web page and blog content and social media messages
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries and manage and monitor feedback
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop Yesterday & Tomorrow awareness
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Grow and expand Yesterday & Tomorrow’s social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create relative hashtags for media use and public recognition
- Expand use of video through numerous creative platforms.
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
If you are interested in working with an enthusiastic group of talented performers and have a passion to make an impact in the community, please connect with Heather @ Hreinecke70@gmail.com to learn more.