Fall 2017: Robertson School of Media and Culture Social Media Intern
Aug 21, 2017
Posted in: Internships & scholarships
The VCU Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture seeks an enthusiastic social media intern with strong writing and community management skills for the fall 2017 semester. The student should have an aptitude for the development and implementation of content strategy and brand awareness, as well as generating inbound traffic and increasing engagement on Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The social media internship requires a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for community management. This is an advanced internship that requires strong organizational skills and self-motivation.
- Work directly with and report to the School’s digital communications associate in implementing social media campaigns.
- Work directly with the School’s communications associate for day-to-day tactics and strategy implementation.
- Develop and meet engagement and metric goals for each social platform.
- Create a minimum of one social media campaign to engage either students and/or alumni.
- Take high quality videos and photos for postings.
- Identify and establish social media tracking tools to monitor the growth of likes, reach and engagement for all social sites.
- Enhance current engagement and conversion strategies.
- Attend a weekly social media meeting with the School’s digital communications associate.
- Flexibility to attend occasional School events during the evening.
- Attend monthly VCU Social Media Admin meetings.
- This position will require five to 10 hours per week and is eligible for class credit for the fall 2017 semester.
- Gain real-world community management experience by enhancing and implementing the School’s social media plan.
- Expand your networking opportunities.
- Grow your résumé experience.
- Use the work for your portfolio.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your résumé and two writing samples to: William Lineberry, digital communications associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications are due Friday, September 1st.
- Interviews will be conducted between Wednesday, September 6th and Friday, September 8th.