Fall 2017: Urban Views Weekly - Graphic Designer
Sep 21, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Urban Views Weekly celebrates and explores the lives, work, achievements, and leisure accomplishments of the African American community of Richmond, Virginia, and the surrounding region. We strive to raise the profiles of the many people who make Richmond a vibrant community. Urban Views publishes a print product each week and is distributed throughout the Greater Richmond area. Our website features extended content and we are working to grow our Social Media engagement.
We are looking for a creative graphic designer who will work on print and digital marketing content, including ads, brochures, social media material, and web design. The graphic designer will work remotely and independently to deliver high-quality and engaging content for the company. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of digital marketing and will have handled creative material for traditional and digital
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
• Create digital pieces for print and digital publication
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Snapchat, YouTube, the company website, and various other platforms
Skills & Qualifications:
• Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or InDesign.
• Graphic Design & Layout Skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to accomplish tasks with limited supervision
Unpaid. Able to earn course credit hours consistent with college’s standards.
Email resume and cover letter to: Ervin Clarke email@example.com