Fall 2017: The Virginia War Memorial Foundation - Sales & Events Intern
Aug 25, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Hours: 4-5 hours per week plus some evening and weekend work.
Reports to: Sales and Events Manager
Start Date: September 6, 2017
End Date: December 10, 2017
Position: The Events Intern will work directly with the Sales and Events Manager and with the development team in planning, supporting and executing the fundraising and rental activities of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales and Events Manager in the coordination of two major fundraisers held on October 2 and December 8, 2017.
- Ability to go out into the greater Richmond community and ask business leaders for silent auction donations
- Contact auction donors/sponsors/vendors as needed to confirm information
- Work with Sales and Events Manager to coordinate event logistics
- Work with Sales and Events Manager to learn Greater Giving Software
- Keep guest lists and event data up to date
- Physically receive, catalog and organize auction items
- Write auction descriptions
- Work with Special Event Manager to procure and organize supplies for events
- Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down
- Promotion of event fundraisers, handing out printed materials to community partners.
- Attend sporadic rental events at the War Memorial to assist the Sales and Events Manager.
- Other Administrative Duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates should be:
- Outgoing and well spoken
- Organized and Punctual
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Able to lift 25 pounds or so without assistance
- Capable of exercising good judgement
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
Interested Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Kate Belleman, Sales and Events Manager, at email@example.com. Hours vary based on event needs, must be able to work on October 2 from 8am-2pm and December 8 from 4pm- 11pm.