Fall 2017: Madison+Main - PR/Copywriting Intern (Deadline July 21)
Jun 15, 2017
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Madison+Main is a branding, marketing, and PR agency in Richmond, Virginia that gets results for emerging companies and challenger brands. Simply put, we believe Bold Brands Win. There’s a lot to get involved with during your internship at Madison+Main and we’ll provide you with a great opportunity to gain real world experience with real responsibility.
What will you be doing?
Public Relations/Copywriting interns will have the opportunity to be exposed to every facet of our company. As a PR/Copywriting intern for Madison+Main, you will:
- Assist in PR initiatives, including the development of press kits, writing and distributing press releases, news and social media monitoring, researching media outlets, updating and maintaining media contact lists, and performing media relations
- Write, edit, and proof email newsletters and blog posts
- Write content calendars for social media
- Write short and long-form copy for a variety of platforms, including websites, print ads, radio ads, and more
- Transcribe meeting notes and interviews
- Take part in internal meetings and creative concept sessions
- Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks
What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates that have passion and skills to excel in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess the following traits:
- Must be a rising junior or senior, or a recent graduate
- Possess excellent writing, communication, and research skills
- Attention to detail (copy editing and proofing)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects as well as manage their time to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to get things done with minimal supervision
- Ability to think of bold, creative, outside-the-box solutions to existing or potential business problems
- A sense of humor and an unexplainable, perhaps disturbing affinity for the Oxford comma
- A working knowledge and appreciation of pre-1980s country music (this “skill” is desired, but not required)
- Available to work 20 hours per week, August 28 – December 8
What about college credits or compensation?
While this is an unpaid internship opportunity, you will gain a wealth of knowledge about the marketing world. We are willing to work with you and your college to determine the appropriate amount of college credit you can receive for participation in our internship program.
What will you get out of this internship?
Besides a wealth of practical knowledge about the industry, the manager for this PR/copywriting internship position has a single, simple mission: To completely fill the intern’s portfolio with examples of real client work so they can get a job after college. All the spec work you create during your college career is great, but real work examples that were created under insane deadlines and approved by an actual paying client will get you a job. Trust us.
Will you have fun?
Well, that’s entirely up to you (but we’re placing our bets on “Yes.”) Just check this out.
How do you apply?
Please samples of your work with your resume to Kent Brockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org (include “I like bold words and I cannot lie” as the subject line — seriously) for consideration. Writing samples can either be a link to your portfolio website or a PDF with a minimum of three examples. The deadline to apply is July 21.