Fall 2016: Whittington Consulting LLC - Inbound Marketing Intern
Sep 23, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
Are you graduating from college in marketing, communications or journalism in December 2016 or May 2017? Are you a recent marketing graduate? If so, we'd like to talk to you! We are currently searching for an online marketing intern to work part-time in our office and gain valuable experience and training alongside Richmond’s top inbound marketing experts.
You'll get valuable training in today's emerging online marketing techniques and get to spend time on real work with real clients.
As an intern, you'll be treated like one of the team (no fetching coffee here!). Best of all, you'll get paid to learn and experience what it's like to work at a growing digital agency.
What You'll Do
- Become certified in the Inbound Marketing methodology
- Assist our inbound marketing team with monthly reporting
- Create and schedule social media updates
- Schedule blog interviews with client subject matter experts
- Coordinate with bloggers — prepare notes and send writers interview materials
- Proofread and edit client blog posts for content, voice, style and accuracy
- Prepare, upload and SEO optimize blog posts to clients’ websites
- Prepare Powerpoint decks for client meetings
- Create and schedule email marketing campaigns
- Create landing pages for content offers
- Help format client deliverables
- Answer the office phone
What You’ll Learn
- The inbound marketing methodology — how to create a lead funnel
- SEO, email and social media best practices
- Content marketing strategy
- How to optimize a website so that a company actually sees new business from it
- How to work on a marketing team
- Within one year of obtaining BA or BS, ideally with emphasis in communications, marketing, PR or related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relentless desire to learn new things
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work tasks
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude
- Tech savvy, lead a "digital life”
After your internship is complete, there is a possibility of full-time employment as an inbound marketing specialist.
How to Apply
To apply, email your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with subject "Inbound Marketing Internship."