Fall 2016: Richard T. Robertson School of Media & Culture - Social Media Intern (Deadline: Friday, Sept. 2nd)
Aug 24, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
The Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture seeks an enthusiastic social media intern with strong writing and community management skills for the Fall 2016 semester. The student should have an aptitude for the development and implementation of content strategy and brand awareness, as well as generating inbound traffic and increasing engagement on Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The social media internship requires a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for community management. This is an advanced internship that requires strong organizational skills and self-motivation.
- Work directly with and report to the assistant director for development and alumni relations in implementing the School’s social media campaign.
- Work directly with the School’s communications assistant for day-to-day tactics and strategy implementation.
- Develop and reach engagement and reach metrics for each social platform.
- Create a minimum of one social media campaign to engage either students and/or alumni.
- Take high quality videos and photos for postings.
- Identify and establish social media tracking tools to monitor the growth of likes, reach and engagement for all social sites.
- Enhance current engagement and conversion strategies.
- Attend monthly VCU Social Media Admin meetings.
- This position will require five to 10 hours per week and is eligible for class credit.
- Gain real-world community management experience by enhancing and implementing the School’s social media plan.
- Expand your networking opportunities.
- Grow your résumé experience.
- Use the work for your portfolio.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your résumé and two writing samples to: Lauren Stewart, assistant director for development and alumni relations at email@example.com
- All applications are due by Friday, September 2nd