Fall 2016: Goochland Free Clinic & Family Services - Communication Intern
Aug 26, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Goochland Free Clinic and Family Services is a nonprofit organization committed to providing access to health care and basic human services to Goochland residents in need. The organization is a safety net for impoverished, disabled, and low-income individuals and families. GFCFS’s goal is to provide holistic care, including a free clinic, food pantry, thrift store, critical home repair, emergency housing and other services.
Position: Communications Intern
GFCFS seeks an intern to provide public relations and marketing support to the Development Office, including donor relations and volunteer engagement. The intern will assist with a capital campaign, annual appeal, volunteer resources development and other duties.
- Create marketing materials for the capital campaign, annual appeal and volunteer appreciation events.
- Recruit volunteers through community events and social media.
- Plan and facilitate both donor and volunteer engagement events, including major annual fund raising event and annual volunteer appreciation events.
- Support staff with graphic design, public relations and social media.
- Enthusiasm for the GFCFS mission to serve Goochland residents in need.
- Proficiency with graphic design, public relations writing, copywriting, social media and public speaking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on team work.
- Willingness to collaborate with others until the project is excellent.
- Desire to learn from and teach others.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to meet deadlines and be attentive to details.
Flexible, opportunities available for each semester for 50, 100 or 150 hours.
Internship is unpaid.
Family Services Building
3001 River Road West
Goochland, VA 23063
How to Apply:
Apply online at http://goochlandfreeclinicandfamilyservices.org/volunteer/ or contact Diane Reale at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 556-6260.