Fall 2016: Fayad Law - Social Media/Marketing Intern
Aug 26, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
- Writing: Social media managers will need to know how to write effective copy in a lot of different styles, for website Twitter, Facebook, etc. Knowledge of writing for Search Engine Optimization
- (SEO) is also needed.
- Research: Social media managers need to know what is happening in the fast changing world of social and digital media, what competitors are doing and what new measurement tools are being use.
- Problem-Solving: Social media managers figure out how to best communicate a company's message on different platforms, and sometimes might need to convey sensitive issues or deal with angry customers.
- Organization: There are many different platforms, and new ones are being developed all the time. How you communicate on each, determining audience, and measuring tactics all take organization.
- Interpersonal Skills: Even through writing, social media managers are a direct connection between a company and the public. Being friendly and approachable online will help.
- Technical Skills: Social media managers work almost exclusively through computers. Understanding computers, SEO, internet access and being tech savvy is necessary.
- Help create marketing brochures, newsletter for both locations Richmond & Fairfax.
Apply: Email resume/cover letter to Donna DiGuardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.