Fall 2016: Embrace Richmond - Social Media Intern
Aug 25, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Embrace Richmond seeks to strengthen communities from the inside out. We do this by training and coaching community leaders in Asset Based Community Development (ABCD.) Asset-Based Community Development is a large and growing movement that considers local assets as the primary building blocks of sustainable community development. Our core belief is that great neighbors make neighborhoods great.
Every year, Embrace Richmond identifies 4-6 neighborhood residents from low income communities who are awarded “Great Neighbor Grants” to support grass-roots efforts to improve their own communities. The Social Media intern will work with the Embrace Richmond staff to help develop a sponsorship campaign to support the work of these and future “Great Neighbors.”
General Duties of Social Media Intern:
- Manage the corporate Twitter and Facebook pages, sharing images, stories and videos that clearly brand Embrace Richmond as a subject matter expert in the area of asset-based community development and as a leading resource for organizations seeking to engage in ABCD.
- Maintain the website and help to enhance the site to better reach the target audience, by evaluating the site for effectiveness and usage using google analytics.
- Create of media rich content including videos, info-graphics and memes.
- Aid in the development of a Style Guide to insure consistent usage of logo and tagline.
- Help bring creative concepts developed by the team from conception to production.
- Aid in the creation of business to business, major donor development, and special events campaigns.
Qualifications applicants should possess:
- Demonstrated excellence in using social media for communication and marketing purposes
- A self-starter, self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
- Consistent attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Interviewing skills utilizing appreciative inquiry.
- Training in asset-based community development and how to present the work of Embrace through an asset lens.
This internship is offered year round. Hours are flexible. This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should e-mail resume, two references and two samples demonstrating social media expertise to:
Wendy McCaig, Executive Director, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 804-218-4320
Embrace Richmond’s corporate headquarters is at 1010 W. Laburnum Ave., Richmond Va.