Fall 2016: American Heart Association - Development & Special Events Intern
Aug 26, 2016
Posted in: Internships & scholarships, Public Relations internships
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development/Special Events Internship, for our Socials Events team.This position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Development team, working closely and reporting directly to the Special Events Administrator.
- Maintains team’s database on a weekly basis, including entering received donations within a 48 hour time period and utilizing the database to create mailings, emails, and reports on a regular basis as requested.
- Maintains a high level of customer service by responding to customers and volunteer inquiries both internally and externally in a knowledgeable and timely manner regarding AHA related events.
- Supports event logistics including committee meetings, cultivation events, health fairs, and day-of.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers.
- Day-to-day assignments and other special projects related to the coordination and execution of the Socials Events.
- Prior volunteer, internship experience, and/or knowledge in event planning, communications, marketing, and public relations
- Excellent organizational, high attentive to details, and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferred candidates will have running world knowledge, passion for health and working with nonprofit organizations, and demonstrated success in related responsibilities
- GPA of 3.0 or above- Current student (rising junior or senior)
Benefits to Intern:
- Gain practical working skills and experience in the non-profit sector
- Intern will develop documents that can serve as work samples for her/his portfolio
- Networking opportunities and business experience for resume
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Tori Sancho-Bonet at Tori.Sancho-Bonet@heart.org