Fall & Spring 2018/19: Substance Abuse Free Environment, Inc. (SAFE) - Media Project Expert Intern (PAID)
Aug 20, 2018
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Substance Abuse Free Environment, Inc. (SAFE) is searching for a Media Project Expert intern to assist in the creation and editing of digital substance abuse prevention projects with middle and high school students during the 2018-19 school year. The expert will also support the SAFE office in their digital media presence including the organization’s website and social media accounts, with other opportunities related to digital media to be determined based on candidate’s strengths. The length of the internship is 10 months, September 2018 – June 2019.
- Create and assist in presenting the interactive digital presentation to 6th graders
- Engage students at Matoaca High School to produce a :15 or :30 second video public service announcement (PSA) on opioids and other substances
- Attend work group sessions at Matoaca High School to assist students in developing/editing the PSAs
- Assist in the management of SAFE’s digital media presence, including Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, and GoDaddy website
- Assist in creation and revision of digital materials, including flyers, infographics, posters, graphics, social media, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned depending on the skill set and interests of the candidate, and organization’s needs
- A current student obtaining a degree in digital marketing, marketing communications, health promotion or other related field
- At least 2 years experience in creating digital content such as videos and social media posts
- Experience using YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and GoDaddy
- Willing to use own computer/editing software to assist in creating/editing media
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Must be available up to 11 hours/week either at the high school or at the SAFE office, as assigned
- Must be energetic, creative, and attentive to detail
- Thrive in a dynamic workplace, possess a resourceful, solution-oriented approach, and appreciative of our mission to prevent and reduce substance abuse
The ideal candidate is excited by challenging projects and thrives in a small team environment.
The Media Project Expert will receive a stipend for working between 8 to 11 hours/week for 10 months (maximum of 440 hours) in four installments of $1000 each. Mileage reimbursement may be considered dependent on grant funds.
Required Application Materials
Resume (max one page)
2 references: 1 professional, 1 academic
2 to 4 examples of digital work
Please submit your application materials and direct any questions to the Project Coordinator of the grant by August 31, 2018:
Melissa Scribner, CHES, Email: Scribner@Chesterfieldsafe.org