Fall 2016: Yoga Source - Grassroots Marketing Intern (Deadline Oct. 20)
Oct 7, 2016
Posted in: Advertising internships, Internships & scholarships, Journalism internships, Public Relations internships
Yoga Source Grassroots Marketing Intern Position Description
Yoga Source is currently seeking an enthusiastic Grassroots Marketing Intern. The ideal candidate is an energized self-starter who prefers to spend more time in the community talking with people than behind a computer screen. The student should have an aptitude for marketing and/or public relations. The grassroots marketing position requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for yoga and/or the health and wellness industry, as well as for community engagement.
- Work directly with and report to the marketing/studio Director to implement Yoga Source’s grassroots marketing campaign.
- Collaborate with the social media coordinator to develop marketing strategies that incorporate online tools with grassroots marketing endeavors.
- Implement successfully proven gorilla-marketing tactics of distributing promotional materials throughout the studio’s identified target markets within the Richmond area.
- Engage identified local community businesses by having face-to-face conversations and sharing promotional materials.
- Help grow the studio’s ‘New to Us’ marketing campaign through the distribution of promotional incentives to new customers.
- Assist with marketing research efforts to identify new potential local businesses, key community members and geographical regions for outreach efforts.
- This position will require a commitment of 3- 6 hours per week and is approved for class credit.
- Attend 1 weekly yoga class at Yoga Source to foster education and first hand knowledge of the practice of yoga.
Benefits for You
- Earn internship class credit for school
- Earn free yoga classes at Yoga Source
- Gain real-world marketing and public relations experience. This is not an internship for filing papers and making coffee-- This internship is a hands-on experience with a high-level of autonomy in order to foster a creative environment where you can freely share your ideas, learn, grow and thrive.
- Expand your networking opportunities by engaging our dedicated community partners and developing new business relationships on behalf of Yoga Source.
- Grow your résumé experience, and use the work for your portfolio.
How to Apply
- Please submit your résumé to: Tia Platte, Yoga Source Director, at info@yogarichmond
- All applications are due by Oct 20, 2016.