Minhee Choi, Ph.D.
T. Edward Temple Building, 901 W. Main St., room 2208H
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- M.F.A., Sogang University
- B.A., Sogang University
Choi's current research focuses on probing the effects of advocacy messages and communication strategies related to controversial social issues in social media on individuals’ perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Choi, M. (2022). Configurational Approach to Understand Preventive Behavior Adoption among a Non-Adhering Population During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Health Communication.
- Choi, M., & McKeever, B.W. (2022). Social Media Advocacy: Applying the engagement model to gun safety organization’s communication efforts. Public Relations Review. 48(2). 102173
- Choi, M., & McKeever, B.W. (2020). Culture and Health Communication: A comparative content analysis of tweets from the United States and Korea. International Journal of Communication, 14, 20.
- Overton, H.K., Choi, M., Weatherred, J., & Zhang, N. (2020). Testing the viability of emotions and issue involvement as predictors of CSA response behaviors. Journal of Applied Communication Research, 48(6), 695-713.
- Choi, M., & McKeever, B.W. (2019). News Framing of Avian Flu: Media advocacy & response to a public health crisis. Newspaper Research Journal, 40 (4), 451-466.
- MASC 337: Public Relations Strategy
- MASC 425: Public Relations Research Method
- MASC 685: Public Relations Strategy
- International Communication Association (ICA) Annual Conference (Health Communication Division), Top Paper Award, 2021
- Promising Professor Award (First Place), Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Mass Comm & Society Division, 2019
- Arthur W. Page Center for Integrity in Public Communication Legacy Scholar Grant, 2019-2020