Spring 2024: VCU Dept of Psychology, Humphrey Fellowship - Video Intern
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a Fulbright exchange initiative that brings experienced professionals from selected countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe, and Eurasia to the United States for ten months of study and practical, professional experiences. VCU is one of 13 universities in the country serving as a Humphrey Campus, with a program that focuses on understanding and addressing a range of health issues. The program emphasizes the use of culturally appropriate, science-based prevention, treatment, and policy interventions. Core components of the program include leadership development, discipline-specific knowledge building, and knowledge of U.S. systems to foster collaboration and problem solving.
Name of Business:
VCU Department of Psychology, Humphrey Fellowship Program
Type of internship
Broadcast journalism, media production, video production
Video Intern Position Description
The VCU Department of Psychology's Humphrey Fellowship Program is seeking an enthusiastic intern with a passion for video and a talent for creating engaging content to join our team. The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a 10-month leadership program for mid-career international scholars working in the field of public health. As a Video Intern, you will work with the assistant
coordinator to produce content for social media and the web. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative individual with video production and editing skills. You will have the opportunity to tell the stories of mid-career international scholars working in public health and demonstrate the impact of this Fulbright sponsored program on individuals and communities domestically and around the world.
Working for the Humphrey Fellowship Program, as a Video Intern offers a variety of unique opportunities and benefits including:
- Exposure to international communications: As a Video Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with mid-career international scholars and gain experience in communicating with diverse people from around the world. This will provide valuable experience in cross-cultural communication and the opportunity to hone your communication skills.
- Professional development: The Humphrey Fellowship Program is a prestigious program with a strong reputation in the field of public health. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals and gain valuable skills and experience that will be transferable to future career opportunities.
- Networking: As an intern, you will have the opportunity to interact with scholars, faculty, and staff from the Humphrey Fellowship Program as well as members of the Richmond community. This will provide opportunities for networking and building relationships that can be beneficial for future career opportunities.
- Impact: As a Video Intern, your work will have a direct impact on the program and its participants. By telling the stories of the Humphrey Fellowship Program and associated stakeholders, you will help to raise awareness of the program and its impact both domestically and internationally.
- Research, film, and edit news stories, profiles, features, social media content, and b-roll • Conduct on-camera interviews with faculty, staff, students, and alumni as needed for stories
- Edit film that is submitted to the College by outside community members, like alumni or donors
- Collaborate with communications and graphic design interns on content for the VCU Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Brainstorm and research ideas for original content
- Junior or senior with 3.0 GPA
- Strong writing and interviewing skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Fluency in Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
Year-round, hours are flexible; ideally 10 hours per week
Unpaid; college/graduate credit
Grace Street Center – 912 West Grace St., Monroe Park Campus
Who to contact
Heather Ashton, assistant coordinator
How to contact
Please email a cover letter/resume and writing samples to Heather Ashton, assistant coordinator (email@example.com).