Spring 2024: The SLMG Cooperative Education Consortium - Social Media Intern
Job Title: Social Media Content Developer Intern
Job Summary: This intern will create web/social media graphics and captions, design highlight icons, and brainstorm ideas for content. This may include formulating posting schedules and campaign calendars. The intern will also execute posting and analyze audience engagement insights for all assigned brands.
About The SLMG Cooperative Education Consortium (SLMG CO-OP)
The SLMG Cooperative Education Consortium (SLMG CO-OP) allows students and recent graduates to apply and exercise their theoretical knowledge and skills developed in college in a contemporary work environment. This is accomplished through strategic partnerships with established companies, small businesses, emerging brands, and accredited colleges/universities that provide opportunities for program participants to actively contribute to real projects and initiatives that align with their chosen career field.
In short, interning here at SLMG gets you real work experience by working on real projects, with coaching and mentorship built in. You also get to put your natural talent to use and that stuff you learned in class. How awesome is that?
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop engaging social media assets designed to target and engage specific audiences with the assistance of the creative team
- Create impactful captions and designate relevant hashtags to social media post content and digital media campaigns
- Additional responsibilities may include any ad hoc tasks assigned by the task supervisor or team lead
- Eligible candidates should have completed one year (30 credit hours) of college (Required)
- Candidates should major in public relations, promotional communication, marketing, or a similar program (Required)
- Must have experience with both Instagram and Facebook. (Required)
- Experience with MailChimp, Wix, TikTok, and Squarespace. (Preferred)
- 10-15 Hours Weekly
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Unpaid
A social media writing/design portfolio may be requested.