Spring 2024: SOAR365 - Videography Intern
SOAR365 creates life-fulfilling opportunities for individuals with disabilities, annually serving over 1,500 people and their families. Founded in 1954, SOAR365 is an organization created by families, for families; an organization that has grown to provide a continuum of programs and services for individuals with disabilities across the lifespan.
With multiple locations throughout central Virginia, SOAR365 programs span the lifecycle and assist people with disabilities to live happy, successful and meaningful lives. Programs and services include: Pediatric Therapy, Youth Services, Adult Day Support, Supported Employment, Business Solutions, Respite, and Camp.
Position brief and departmental description
A small team with big projects and goals for 2024, we are looking for an enthusiastic videography intern to join our marketing and communications department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals.
The SOAR365 Marketing & Communications department is responsible for a variety of initiatives, including printed and digital communications that promote programs, services, events and fundraising efforts. We also employ an aggressive Public Relations outreach to local and regional media, supported by social media and a targeted print and digital advertising to build awareness for SOAR365 programs and services.
To produce compelling videos about the organization featuring employees, volunteers, families, business solutions teams and program participants to be used across multiple digital platforms.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Film and edit videos and B roll for multiple uses such as: fundraising, event publicity, storytelling, employee highlighting to be shared on multiple platforms.
- Maintain the SOAR365 YouTube channel.
- Edit video content for short videos, recaps, etc., depending upon the platform.
- Prepare videos for social media channels, especially for Stories and Reels.
- Scout locations for video shoots and work with subjects to ensure a positive experience.
- Organize and execute interview videos of staff, volunteers, and families.
- Take the initiative to seek video opportunities within the organization.
Job Knowledge/Skills/Essential Functions:
- At least two years of experience with handling videography and editing equipment.
- Access to videography equipment required (at least 3 years old pro video camera, Sony or Canon).
- Good laptop or desktop to edit high quality videos.
- Understanding of video use across social media and web platforms.
- Ability to convey emotional messaging through video.
- Self started and independent worker.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications.
- This position begins in January 2024
- A minimum of 10 hours per week is required
- Schedule can be negotiated.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and sample video work to:
Diana Miller, VP Marketing and Communications