Spring 2024: Schroder Davis Law Firm PLC - Marketing Intern (PAID Stipend)
Joan Bellefield Davis, Esq.
Fashion Lawyer–Marketing Internship
Joan Bellefield Davis, Esq. is an attorney licensed in New York and Virginia with an advanced law degree in European fashion and luxury goods law. She has over a decade of experience representing clients with intellectual property transactions in the areas of entertainment, arts, music, fashion and luxury goods law. Her trademark docket includes clients from all over the world. Joan's background gives her a unique perspective of the literary and fashion law landscapes. The book she co-authored, Feng Shui Love, hit the “Chick-lit” world with complementary merchandise and design lines. Her experience in the fashion modeling industry landed her on the Katie Couric show. The episode highlighted the difficulties child models encounter and parental involvement in their children’s careers. Joan frequently speaks to lawyers and non-lawyers about legal issues facing the fashion industry.
General job duties of the Marketing Internship include:
- Writing content and blog posts on website and social media for marketing purposes.
- Researching legal issues in the fashion industry to create posts.
- Work with the Attorney to develop strategies for her law practice and roll out of new website.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web).
- Perform market analysis and research on competition.
- Assist with creating content on and updating website.
- Create comprehensive marketing calendar using data collected.
- Assist with creation of podcast for marketing purposes
- Attend marketing events with team via zoom or live. (includes about 1-2 a month).
Qualifications applicants should possess:
- Eager to put their skills obtained from VCU coursework to use.
- Candidate should have strong writing skills.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques.
- A working computer and internet access.
- Ability to work on deadline.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Should have a desire to learn more about fashion and legal topics.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Enrolled at VCU and in their sophomore year or above and seeking an internship for credit (Freshman should still apply if prior experience with marketing can be demonstrated.)
Why choose this internship:
- Flexible hours, prioritizing your school schedule first.
- A fun and welcoming environment for you to gain hands-on experience by integrating your skills learned at VCU and executing social media marketing strategies.
- Opportunity to learn more about fashion and legal issues in a law firm environment.
- A great resource for future references/recommendation letters.
Hours are flexible. Hybrid, virtually and in-person in law office near VCU depending on what is best for the intern’s schedule.
Applicants should e-mail a resume to:
Joan Bellefield Davis, Esquire
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 804-833-9726 | www.schroderbrooks.com usfashionlaw.com
Subject: “Marketing Internship Application”