Spring 2024: Ronald McDonald House-Communications Intern
Internship description: The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond is a non-profit that provides support services to reduce stress for families receiving medical treatment in the Richmond area. RMHC of Richmond is seeking an intern in the Development Office to assist in daily communications and fundraising efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with obtaining and organizing digital assets
- Collaborate with other staff and interns to capture programmatic content
- Creating marketing materials according to branding guidelines
- Assisting with planning and editing of our marketing calendar
- Writing, editing, and organizing content and stories for our blog and e-newsletters
- Assisting with social media including content creation, research, tracking, analytics, engagement, etc.
- Researching social media and communications strategy of other similar organizations.
- Assisting with data entry and stewardship of donors within the donor database
- Representing RMHC Richmond at events as needed
In addition, interns will provide support across functional operational areas including: family care, fundraising, volunteer services, business operations, and general household management.
Experience interns will gain: The Communications Intern will become well-versed in the mission and daily functions of the Ronald McDonald House Charities in order to be another support to the Development Office. Interns will be assigned daily support tasks in addition to a possible umbrella project, with intended lasting impact.
Qualifications: Preferably, applicants will have interest in non-profit management, fundraising, event planning, marketing, and be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of populations.
Hours per week and Compensation: The position is approximately 12-15 hours a week. Hours are flexible and we are willing to work with students in order to meet criteria for school credit hours. The internship is unpaid.
Application instructions: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Diana Villarreal at email@example.com