Spring 2024: Career Maven - Communications & Marketing Intern (Remote)
Career Maven Consulting is on a mission to help 1 million women own their career story, and operate as CEOs in their personal & professional lives. We do this by providing career & executive coaching, an empowering community, digital experiences designed to help them unlock the clarity and confidence to up-level professionally. What we know to be true: changing a woman’s life has the power to change the life of their company, family, and community for the better. We are looking for some awesome team members to join us on this journey!
Position: Communications & Marketing Intern - Remote
Reports to: CEO/Founder
Career Maven Consulting is eager to hire a highly organized and engaged intern to support creative content development and research to support brand reach and engagement through blog development, website management, and/or marketing campaign design. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for career & professional development, women in leadership, and working (remotely) for a fast-growing start-up.
- Design marketing campaign roadmap to support core business goals / needs, market testing, etc in collaboration with company founder, operations, and social media team.
- Draft editorial content and create content calendars with existing content pillar framework.
- Leverage existing brand voice for social media presence that resonates through short-form social copy, as well as longer-form (blogs) and highly visual assets, such as GIFs, memes, and videos.
- Engage with online audiences, as appropriate (listen, respond, engage) through tech-enabled platforms like social media and weekly email newsletters.
- Support key performance indicators (KPIs), established benchmarks, and prepare regular analytics reports in collaboration with company operations manager.
- Support communication business needs, including research, content design (Canva experience preferred), and Convertkit automation setup.
- Seeking out information about our target market by reading/researching what’s current in the industry.
- 1+ years of social media and/or agency experience with portfolio or equivalent experience to share (internships count!)
- Experience creating graphics with Canva* (other design product suite experience a plus, but not required) and leveraging dynamic newsletter platforms (Convertkit / MailChimp)
- Interest in hands-on creative marketing & brand reach experience in a professional internship environment
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, with keen attention to detail
- Passion for all things communications, interest in emerging platforms and features that can help expand our reach with women interested in upleveling their personal & professional growth
- Eye for visual and engaging storytelling, interest in research, and community engagement.
- Interest in applied marketing strategy / theory, with an emphasis on e-commerce, brand reach, and audience engagement.
- Works well in a startup environment with clear deliverables, and adept in pivoting between autonomous work and collaborative projects.
THIS ROLE IS PERFECT FOR YOU IF YOU...
- Love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- Can work alone and don’t need your hand held every step of the way.
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Are super organized but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- Can handle direct & constructive feedback, and are eager to learn.
This internship is available for course credit exchange, depending on student interest and academic requirements of the academic institution providing course credit.
Effort investment for the internship experience is a 12- week internship commitment averaging 6-8 hours a week.
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you - now it’s time to take action and apply!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please email a PDF version of your resume & a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CMC Internship 2024.”